10 Reasons to Recycle With MobileMuster
Don't let a ridiculous reason get in the way of doing something good for the environment.
Recycle your old mobiles and accessories with MobileMuster today.
- MobileMuster accepts and recycles all brands of handsets their batteries, chargers and accessories. Making it easier for you to recycle all your components at the one drop-off location.
- MobileMuster is free. You can drop you old mobile phones and accessories off at any of our 4,000 collection points or post them using either our pre-paid recycling satchels available for from Australia Post outlets or downloading a reply paid mailing label.
- MobileMuster is a not-for-profit program. Any revenue generated from recycling materials is invested back into the Australian community through our schools program (MusterKids), local council community environmental and social activities and contributions to the Salvos Stores.
- MobileMuster ensures responsible recycling. Our recycler TES-AMM is R2 certified which means they follow and demonstrate strong environmental standards which maximize recycling, minimize exposure to human health or the environment and ensure safe management of materials by downstream handlers.
- MobileMuster helps conserve limited resources. Through the recycling process 96% of the materials in mobiles and accessories are recovered and used to make new products locally and overseas. Recovering these materials by recycling avoids the need to mine non-renewable resources, thus conserving our resources, and avoiding air and water pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- MobileMuster ensures that all data on used mobile phones is destroyed through the recycling process. This provides you with the security and peace of mind that there data will not be accessed by other parties.
- MobileMuster does not resell your old mobile phones and accessories. Everything is dismantled in Australia. We believe the environmental benefits from extending the life of the phones overseas is cancelled out by the impacts of the phones not being recycled properly at their end of life.
- MobileMuster is the first and only government accredited mobile phone recycling program in Australia. Accreditation ensures the program continually meets high environmental standards and safely manages the recycling process.
- MobileMuster is funded solely by the mobile phone industry in Australia. It is the industry’s official recycling program and is paid for voluntarily by the companies who make and sell mobiles in Australia. It does not receive any government funding.
- MobileMuster will reduce your clutter. Recycling your old and unused mobile phones and their accessories will help save space around your home. MobileMuster estimates that there is an old mobile phone being kept for every man, women and child in Australia. How many old phones and accessories do you have at home?