Terms and Conditions: Mobile for a Meal.
- Information on how to participate in the “Mobile for a Meal” January 2017 to February 2017 campaign ("the campaign") forms part of these terms and conditions. Participation in the campaign is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is the Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) ABN 33 007 457 of Level 8, 71 Walker St, North Sydney NSW 2060 ("AMTA").
- Participation is open to residents of Australia, with an Australian mailing address.
- All valid collections (as set out in Clause 6) of mobile phone components (including mobile phone batteries, chargers and accessories) received by AMTA’s recycler between 1stJanuary 2017 and 28 February 2017 ("the campaign period").
- To recycle mobile phone components, participants must:
5.1. either drop off their mobile phone component/s at any MobileMuster public drop off location across Australia as listed on www.mobilemuster.com.au,
5.2. or alternatively post it in using a MobileMuster recycling satchel available at participating Australia Post outlets, or included in the packaging of some new mobile phones,
5.3. or by using the Reply Paid MobileMuster label that has been downloaded from www.mobilemuster.com.au and attached to a parcel containing mobile phone component/s and posted back.
- Any collections received after the campaign period will be ineligible to be counted, and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, late or misdirected collections.
- Every valid collection of mobile phone components will be processed for recycling by AMTA’s recycler and included in the campaign and reported in the overall weight collected during the campaign.
- during the Campaign period, AMTA will give OzHarvest $30,000AUD. The number of mobile handsets collected during the campaign period will be based on an estimated number utilizing the average weight of mobile handsets collected as reported by AMTA’s recycler.
- OzHarvest estimate a cost of $0.50AUD to deliver a meal, on this basis the $30.000AUD provided by AMTA, will allow OzHarvest to deliver 60,000 meals.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change or substitute dollar contribution with something of equal value at its discretion, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of a dollar contribution occurring between the date of printing collateral including digital / online media and the Campaign ends.
- The Participant indemnifies the Promoter against any liability, injury, loss or damage which may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the Promoter arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with, any act or omission (including negligence) by the Collector, or any breach of these terms and conditions.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any collection that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in dollar contribution value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- All collections of mobile phone components become the property of the Promoter, and can not to be returned to the participant, regardless if the mobile phone component/s is/are received before, during or after the campaign period. Everything collected by the AMTA will be recycled for resource recovery, nothing is resold and any data left on devices is destroyed in the recycling process.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.